It is one of the stations on the Levant-Medina Haj road, which contains many of the castles and the rest stations, and the road stretches from the Jordanian border with Saudi Arabia to Medina to convey pilgrims. The castle dates back to 976 H/1559 AD. The structure was renovated in 1370H, then, it was fully restored in 1413H. The building consists of two floors. The first floor has an outdoor patio, and a number of rooms, a mosque, and a well. There are stairs leading to the second floor, which contains an open mosque, and some rooms. Also, there are stairs leading to the watch towers within the castle, which was used for the purposes of security and surveillance.